I feel like my life, especially since getting married nearly seven years ago has flown by at a rapid pace leaving me in the dust. There are days when I look around and wonder, "How did I get here?"
How is my oldest child closing in on SEVEN?!
How did already come time for me to celebrate a ten year reunion for high school?
My "baby" brother is about to turn TWENTY! Say what?
It's amazing how quickly the time has passed.
Combining my shock of be alive for three decades with my recent determination to regain some ground in being me and not just mom, I decided to make this bucket list of sorts of things to accomplish before I hit the big 3-0 in January.
This list was harder to make than I anticipated! I really struggled with coming up with things that would be enjoyable to me, yet challenging. I also didn't put any really exotic things like traveling to foreign countries or bungee jumping because I only have a six month window, limited finances, and quite frankly, my sense of adventure isn't THAT big. :)
So, without further ado, here it is:
30 Before 30
- Read the Bible in its entirety
- Spend an entire day in jammies watching classic black and white movies
- Make my own laundry detergent
- Get a manicure and a pedicure
Lose 5-8lbs and tone upRevised :)
- Learn how to knit or crochet
- Dye my hair( I haven't done this since I've been married!)
- Sponsor a child
- Kick my soda habit
- Buy a new sewing machine sew a dress for one of my girls
- Go screen free for a week
- Go to a musical
- Clean out the attic
- Read the big six Jane Austen books (Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion). No, I've never read any of these. Shocking, I know.
Go hikingRead about it here
- Learn how to make sourdough bread
- Create and execute a workable daily schedule
Learn how to french braidRead about it here Wean LydiaRead about it here Go on an all day date with the hubbyRead about it here
- Visit a lighthouse
- Relearn how to type correctly( I don't hunt and peck, but I do have my own eccentric way of typing)
- Start menu planning again
- Start and maintain a 1000 gifts gratitude journal
- Try an exotic food I've never eaten before
- Start getting up earlier and having a set quiet time
- Finish reading aloud The Chronicles of Narnia to the children (we're completed the first two books already)
Visit Grandfather Mountain and walk on the Mile High Swinging Bridge
Read about it here
- Buy a fancy dress (it's been ages and ages since I've owned anything outside the territory of mom clothes)
- Go gem mining
Did you do anything to ring in a special birthday?
Growing Home, Time Warp Wife, Raising Homemakers, Deep Roots at Home, Women Living Well, Raising Mighty Arrows, and Far Above Rubies