Mmmmm.....Pumpkin Banana Muffins. Yum. These turned out so moist and great, that even Hubs ate them (THREE of them) and he is generally NOT a muffin man.Want to make some of your very own?
- 3-3 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- pumpkin puree (about the equivalent of one can...or you can just buy a can!)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
I threw the bananas, pumpkin puree, eggs, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and the applesauce into my food processor and turned it on low just until it was all combined.
Then I put all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and whisked it all together.
Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. I use an ice cream scoop to equally distribute the batter to the 12 compartments of the muffin tin. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until done.
Hubs suggested that next time I throw in some walnuts or maybe make a streusel to go on top, but I think these were perfect the way they were! Mmmmm.... A great way to use up the fall harvest!
This post is also listed at: