What you will need:
- About 2 yards of tulle in however many colors you would like to use. The more different colors you use, the fluffier your tutu will be.
- Craft scissors
- Satin Ribbon in a color that matches your tulle(optional)
- Embellishments (optional)
2. Wrap elastic around child’s waist and cut where edges just meet. Overlap elastic 1-inch over the other side and either tie a knot, staple or hand stitch the elastic together.
3. Take a folded strip of tulle and place the center over the back of the elastic. Pull tulle around and through the loop in the back and tie snugly. Repeat with all tulle pieces.
4. Once all pieces are securely tied on you can spread them out more evenly.
5. If you like you can take satin ribbon and wrap it around the entire waist and make a bow in the back or add embellishments to the skirt itself like sequins, butterflies, flowers, etc.